Tuesday 20 December 2016

Today Reminder – 20 December 2016



A reminder for today
Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. (Colossians 3:1-2)

How are you today, my friend? This one is for me today. We had a terrible thunder storm last night and lightning hit our new house knocking out our TV and damaging some of our electric wiring. This expense is something I did not budget for and yes not what we needed right now. So at first I was a little negative, you know the human part in me, and then the Holy Spirit reminded me who the God is that we worship. So thank you satan for the negativity but it surely is not welcome here. 

Apart from that we got terrible news of last night. I am not sure if I can discuss it because of the nature of our loss or because I am not sure what to say. It is not something that I have much experience in, but what I can say is that depression is one the enemy’s best weapons and once he’s got you in his grip he can destroy you. 

So despite all the tragedy in my life I want us to think about the things of heaven today. I want us to forget about the things of this world and just focus on the Lord and the promise we have in Him. I want the Holy Spirit to release us from the hurt and anger and injustice of this world and just free us from the enemy and his constant attacks on our lives. Just look towards the heavens and remember that our God is an awesome God.

Lord, I pray that you send your Spirit to be with us today and just fill us with renewed hope. I pray for my family as we mourn the loss of a loved one and I ask that you will heal hearts and bring peace where there is hurt and pain. I pray that you will bless us and help us as we struggle with the challenges of each day. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...