Wednesday 10 May 2017

Today Reminder – 10 May 2017

A reminder for today
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. (James 1:2-4)

James certainly have a way of making you feel better. It is only Wednesday and I can feel how the enemy is using everything in his power to bring me down. In the midst of all of this I can feel my faith is getting stronger. I feel that I am moving closer to God, because He is the strength in my weakness and I will rejoice in my challenges for in them I will glorify Jesus. My race is still a long race and I know I am not even close to where I will be fully developed, but I will remain determined to succeed. 

When you are faced with troubles and I assume that is more often now, especially when you are a Christian. You can just look at the news and see how we are persecuted and hated all over the world. Do not let the world bring fear into your heart and do not allow these bad people to create distance between you and the Lord. Jesus was persecuted and killed, why will they leave us alone. The enemy is relentless and he will not stop. The only problem with his tactics is that he is trying to fight a battle he already lost. That is why I will stand amidst all the turmoil and hatred and I will rejoice, for I know Jesus died for my sins and He defeated death. I know that you and I will be with Him in eternity and that is something to be very joyful about. 

My dear friend, do not worry about the world and the troubles we face each day. Keep your eyes on Jesus and stay the course. When our faith is tested, we grow in faith, so let it grow.

Lord, I long for your return and I pray that you strengthen us against all the attacks of the enemy and lead us safely through this day. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...