Thursday 25 May 2017

Today Reminder – 25 May 2017



A reminder for today
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. (1 Peter 1:23)

People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades.
But the word of the Lord remains forever. Where do I go when my strength is gone and my will broken? What do I do when I walk through the valley of death? Where is my faith when I am consumed by stress and fear? What happens when I die today? 

I look to the Lord, our God and king. He is eternal and invincible. He is the creator of heaven and earth and He is my strength when I have no more left. I know my life is but a mere whisper and I know that days and hours pass by faster with every beat of my heart. I realise that I may not have so much time as what I would like to have. I know that stress is a tool used by the enemy to destroy our faith and weaken us. I know that the darkness in the valley may consume the valley, but it will never consume the light I have. I know I am weak, but in my weakness, I have more strength than ever before. My strength is not man made nor is it of this world. My strength comes from a life-giving universe creating God. So, life you may wither away but the life I have is eternal. It is forever and it is a gift from a forever God. 

I will not worry for my worries do not add to my days. I will not fear for fear is for the enemy. I will not stress for stress does not exist in the life that God restores. I will look to my king and I will not give up – ever.

Lord, you are our everything. You are life and you are life eternal. There is no more death for us, just life with you. Take away our burdens and renew our strength so that we will not fear but stand strong in our faith. You are more than all the worries we can ever have. Let us see life as you see it. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...