Monday 29 May 2017

Today Reminder – 29 May 2017



A reminder for today
For God is pleased with you when you do what you know is right and patiently endure unfair treatment. (1 Peter 2:19)

How was your weekend, my friend? I do hope you rested a little and that you are ready for the week ahead. I started to feel sick last week and this weekend the flu got the better of me. I must admit I do not feel ready for this week. I would have preferred one more day of rest, but I guess that is just a nice thought. The enemy will try anything to break us and I am terrible when I am sick, but the Lord holds me safely in His hands and this discomfort will also pass.

Peter writes about respect and that we must respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters.  He reminds us that we must respect earthly authority, but fear God. Peter continues to write to the salves and says here that God is pleased when we do what is right and patiently endure unfair treatment. I stopped here for a moment and my thoughts ran over my own life and how impatient I can be at times. I have my moments where the enemy get to me and impatience is mainly the cause. People love to say that patience is a virtue. Now a virtue is behaviour showing high moral standards. I prefer to say that patience is a key. It is a key to unlock your faith and send it to new heights. 
Patience shows control over the world and over the temptations of the enemy. Patience is one of the pillars of love and patience makes us grow in our trust. Jesus wants us to have faith and to trust Him with all our hearts. When we remain patient amidst our troubles and unfair challenges we show more faith and complete trust. A simple example is traffic. I get so impatient in traffic, yet the Lord keeps us safe and always gets us to school on time. So why am I impatient when He shows me that I can just trust Him. It is the same in all our challenges. Just trust and be faithful. The rest will all fall into place at the right time.

Lord, please take away our impatience and fill us with your love and wisdom so that we will seek you first before we are impatient. Help us to cast away all fears and fully trust you, because we cannot do this on our own. We need you, Jesus, more and more each day. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...