Tuesday 2 May 2017

Today Reminder – 02 May 2017



A reminder for today
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. (Hebrews 12:1)

Wow, we had another public holiday yesterday and I must admit all these public holidays are making me lazy. This morning I logged in and looked at the battle of words that took place between us and the atheists on twitter. It made me realise once more how difficult it is for the lost to let go of this world and seek their way to God. Every person knows deep inside them that there is a God and they will continue to argue just to make themselves feel better. So many witnesses of faith surround us. We have seen God’s work in our lives in so many ways from one miracle to the next. Why do we allow sin to burden us and pull us down? You can argue all you like, but I know God is more than real. God is the reason I live and breathe each day. I live by His mercy and grace and this is something we should never take for granted.

I have seen God heal my broken foot in a miraculous short period to astound doctors. I have seen God save me from a life threatening accident and I see God in my two boys. Their very existence is a miracle. God is as real to me as you are to me. I was blessed this weekend with rest and I grabbed it with both hands. The last two years has really soaked up my energy and with a constant workload and changes in our company I just felt so tired. This weekend God just restored me as I rested. God is so good to us and I am in awe of His majesty in every moment of each day. I see Him at work in my life and feel His presence every moment. That is why I pray for you each day and I carry you in my heart, dear friend. You are so valuable to God that He gave His son for your sins. There is no greater love, than to lay down your life for another. That is why I gladly give my life for Jesus. So let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Moreover, break the hold of sin so that we can live free.

Lord, carry us in your hands through this day and lift us up so that we can shine for you. Let us wear your armour fearlessly and confidently. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...