Thursday 7 June 2018

Today Reminder (Glory) – 7 June 2018

A reminder for today
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

We studied nature sciences and technology yesterday and every time the text book refers to millions of years ago, my son pulled a face and said it is nonsense. I make it my point to explain creation and the concept of creation science to my son, so he is very well informed when it comes to the lies of the world. He is a huge fan of super heroes and I often hear him say that it is just a story and that there is only one God. I sometimes think my son is a stronger witness for Jesus than I am. He told me that he had an argument with a fellow student when they looked at pictures of the Egyptian gods. He is very adamant when it comes to Jesus that there is only one God. 

He is also very clear on the basic knowledge that Jesus is God and came to earth to show His existence and proof that He is God by taking away our sin. So, with this knowledge I also explain the hardships and tribulations that Christians face and will face. He is no stranger to suffering, because he saw his grandmother when she was shot, and he had many questions regarding the incident. 

I am so privileged to be able to share this with him and to share the realities of life and the way we should live as Christians. It has come to a point where he would often point out my mistakes and I realise that I have to set the example and believe me it is not always easy when you live in South Africa or anywhere I guess. The enemy will always find a way to test you and try and make you fall.

Paul was surely no stranger to tribulation and hardships. I love to read his books and to look at his life. Paul went trough terrible challenges and yet he continued to praise the Lord despite his sufferings. So, it is not surprising to read in Romans that the sufferings of this time (this life) are not worthy to be compared with the glory that the Lord will reveal to us when we see Him again. 

Therefore, my message today, my reminder is just that. Do not look at the pain and the suffering and the terrible struggles that we see in this life. Do not fear the hate and the murders and the torture, but keep your eyes focussed on the glory of the life we will receive. Do not let the corruption and discrimination break you, but look to the Lord, because we are all just travellers that is on a journey through this life. 

Be strong and be courageous, my friend, because our God is coming back and when He comes this world will be no more. It is only a short while and then it will all be over. Keep your faith and trust in the Lord, because greater is He that lives in me than he that is of this world. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...