Monday 25 June 2018

Today Reminder (What about grace) – 25 June 2018


A reminder for today
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

We are currently busy with a serios in our church about those difficult questions that we have and sometimes we do not have answers for. I have touched on a few in the past on my blog. This week we looked at the question “Why does bad things happen to good people?” or “Why do people get cancer?” or “Why did it happen to me?”. We listened to two amazing testimonies and the one of them said why do we answer hate with hate. Where is grace? 

This took me back to the times my parents were attacked on their farm and especially the time my Mom was shot, and I remember how that influenced my judgement especially over bad people and how angry I was. It has taken a long time for me to get to the place I am now. I finally understand grace. 

God loves us, and He loves us all. We make our own choices and we allow sin into our lives and we become driven by fear and anger. We feel in control when we can complain and hate and judge and we have all the solutions that is self-motivated. When God is here we become fearless. We stop being influenced by the world, but we become driven by love and grace. 

Today I have forgiven them, and I know that this life is a mere moment. I know that I will face more challenges just as Jesus said, but I am fearless. This weekend I had to drive over a sidewalk to get past a truck and I turned back to quickly and the storm drain edge took a gap out of my tire. I was at a loss for words, but I knew who did this. When I asked Tiger wheel and tyre how much a new one will be, they were on special. I was at a loss for words again.

What about grace? Jesus said that His grace is enough, and His strength is made perfect in weakness. So, once again I will rejoice and be glad in my infirmities (weaknesses, flaws…) because Jesus is the light. He is the light in the darkness and He is the only way. I will face my obstacles and I will show the love of God in all I face. With God all things are possible. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...