Monday 15 August 2016

Today Reminder – 15 Augustus 2016



A reminder for today
Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm. (2 Corinthians 11:23-27)

I thought I will give you this passage from 2 Corinthians where Paul writes about all his challenges that he faced. We go through many hard times on our journey but when you read this it somehow feels that the Lord has spared me from a lot of pain. What kept Paul going despite his difficulties? Paul found his true identity in Jesus and this set him apart from the rest. You see Jesus came down to this earth in human form so that He can be tempted just as we are and so that He can go through hard times just as we are. He was there when Adam and Eve was made in God’s image. He is here now and He is forever. We are made in His image which means our identity is based on Him. He chose us before we chose Him. Jesus knew that when God created the earth, He would come down and that He would give His life for us. So we are not born in sin as so many try and tell us. We are born free in Him and when we take on His identity we become the full person we need to be. I believe that God wants to use you and I believe that there are great things still waiting on your journey. If Paul could face all those troubles and still followed Jesus with a joyful praising heart, then we can do the same. So despite our hard ships we should continue to live our lives for Him. Our determination will affect other and in turn they will affect other so that a massive ripple effect is made that will consume the world and lead many people back to God.

So today I want you to change your identity and identify yourself in Jesus as you are love by Him in grace and mercy. You are set free and you and can live free despite your troubles. Give your heart to Jesus and let us live out His way of life. Let us humble ourselves and follow His voice. Let us reveal His great love to all around us. 

Lord, your are my God and in you I seek my identity. Let me become more like you and let me be your vessel of light so that I will shine in the darkness for those lost. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...