Thursday 15 June 2017

Today Reminder – 15 June 2017



A reminder for today
In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God's promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. (2 Peter 1:5-7)

You have to admit, this is an awesome piece of scripture. This morning my car was in an accident again. As I tried to park another driver accidently bumped into me. At first, I was not impressed and I could just see the time that we will be without a vehicle while it is being repaired. I was upset. When I walked out of the police station I realised that when I looked at the other driver the Holy Spirit tried to tell me something and I missed it. I phone the driver and I apologised for being angry and even rude. In that moment, I felt God at work and he shared how he had a terrible morning and he just did not look. Honest mistake. I remined him that it is how the enemy works and that I am all too aware of his devious ways. I told him that all is ok and I am truly sorry. Suddenly Jesus took what the enemy intended for bad and turned it into good. I drove off knowing that we have defeated the attempts of satan once again.

My dear friend, Peter knew all too well how the enemy works and how he can deceive us. Peter was deceived by the devil when they crucified Jesus. This is why he can write with amazing authority on how we should behave. He says that we must respond to God’s promises and supplement our faith with provision of moral excellence. I tell you I could feel my faith getting a huge boost this morning. He says we must act with self-control and be patient with endurance in godliness. This is what separates us from the rest. When I argued with atheists yesterday they turn to insults so quickly and it is because they do not have that moral excellence and godliness that we have in the Holy Spirit. 

My friend, I tell you that you are amazing. It is just awesome to be a Christian and to know Jesus Christ. It is life changing and it is real. We love with real affection, because our guideline is God. That is why the ungodly seek to hurt and destroy. We are set apart because of our righteousness and that is why Christians are hated and persecuted. We are saved and they hate us for it instead of seeing their wrong ways. Luckily the Lord is at work and I am pretty sure that together we will save more.
So, you are doing great. Keep doing what you’re doing, because we are not afraid and we will no longer be quiet. Let the world know who Jesus is.

Lord, thank you for your love and guidance. Help us to be the light in the darkness and show your love in how we live. Let us endure through all our trials and bring glory and honour to your name. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...