Friday 30 June 2017

Today Reminder – 30 June 2017


A reminder for today
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him. (1 John 2:29)

Selflessness. Now here is a challenge for today. One of the hardest things for people is to take the “self” out of every situation. I am a type of person that loves to do things by myself and if I do not have control over it, I suffer. In every life situation team work becomes an important part of how we show Jesus to the world. I fail miserably at this. You see team work creeps in almost any place whether it is friendship, a relationship or at work and even in sports and partners. God knows all about working together, because He is the ultimate example in His trilogy. The Father and the Son and the Spirit works as one. 

Our problem is the “I” or “me” in our lives. It is my needs and my work and my time and my money and my car and my way. Yet Jesus said that we should love our neighbour as ourselves. This means that we should treat the other party as the “I” or the “me”. It all changes when we take our own needs out and replace it with the needs of Jesus. What He said and what He taught and how He loves. You see we can’t call ourselves Christians if our selves are more important than those around us. If we can’t tolerate each other and work to achieve a single goal how can we show Jesus to other. 

When we tell people of Jesus we focus on His act of love when He gave His life for us, yet we cannot give a single moment to other. We cannot accept people for who they are and we highlight their mistakes and differences. How is that Christian? It is not about me of you or anyone else. It is not about celebrities or wealth or popularity. It is not about what you can do for you or the good deeds that you have done. It is all about God. He made it all and it all belongs to Him. The stars celebrate His glory and shout out His praises, so who are we to centre us in our world. It is all about Jesus and His glory. 

So, when you talk to someone or share in team work or even when you are at home with your friends or family know that Jesus did not put Him before us, so we should do the same.

Lord, help us to remove the me in our live and replace it with you so that we will truly show your light in this dark world. Let us show love to one another and celebrate you. It is all about you, Lord. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...