Tuesday 20 June 2017

Today Reminder – 20 June 2017


A reminder for today


The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.  (2 Peter 2:9-10)

I would suggest that you read the whole chapter of 2 Peter 2, for I am taking only a fragment of the entire message. But let us look at what Peter wrote here. Peter is talking about false prophets and their teachings. He mentions the arrogance of people and their ignorance towards God. I have argued with a few atheists and I must say that some of the things they say send chills down your body. But how much worse is a prophet that teaches falsely for their own gain to the extend they see themselves as God. We know that in our time there are many. We see them in their expensive cars and big houses doing it in the name of Jesus. Peter says that they will be destroyed like animals. 

Peter reminds us of what God did in the time of Noah and Sodom and Gomorra. God despises arrogance and people who scoff at Him and He especially does not like people who follow their own twisted sexual desires. But peter tells us that God saved Noah and his family and Lot out of Sodom, because they were righteous men. You see the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials and He will punish the wicked. The enemy has been busy with me the last two weeks. Ever since the accident I started to feel sick and now I am not well at all. I know the enemy is trying to silence me. This is what he does. He will try anything to hurt us and break us, but I will not be silenced for I know God will pull me out of these trials. I know that the God we worship is a great God and with Him I can do anything. I am not afraid of what the enemy can do, because I know that compared to God, the enemy is nothing. I know satan lost the battle and that Jesus took all my sin on Him. I know that death has lost its sting and that I am saved by His grace, just as you are. 

God knows how to rescue us, my friend, never doubt that – ever. 

Lord, I come to you this morning with all our struggles and pain. I ask that you take this burden from us and give us the strength to stand again and to fight against the attacks of the enemy. Lead us by your voice and let us bring glory to you in all that we do. We love you, Lord and we need you. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...