Monday 12 March 2018

Today Reminder (Be still) – 12 March 2018



A reminder for today
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalms 46:1)

How was your weekend, my friend? I do hope you rested well and that you are set and ready for the week ahead. This whole land reform thing bothered me this weekend, so I did a little research. I looked at the documentaries done by Lauren Southern and the hatred and brutality that the farm murders are executed, and they are terrible. I was shocked again by what is happening in South Africa. The whole land reform and redistribution without compensation is stirring up people and I am afraid this could not end well. 

I woke up this morning worried about what awaits us and what is going to happen. The uncertainty of tomorrow and the results of land reform in Zimbabwe just added to my concern. The funny thing is that after the land was repossessed in Zimbabwe they are now giving it back to the white farmers. The Zimbabwean economy broke down and the people of Zimbabwe suffered terribly. Is this our future? 

I find myself at a cross road where I am considering leaving everything behind and immigrating. I do not want my children to be brutally murdered and tortured by the hatred of these people. The funny thing is that not all South Africans feel that way. Those who can see the wrongs in Africa knows that there is no good going to come out of this. Yet we continue to divide this country by race. We are once again back in the days of the early settlers where the Zulu nation under Dingaan tried to kill all the whites. 

The sad thing is that we now have an opportunity to rebuild and grow this country, but the leaders will rather destroy it. So, I find myself questioning this and thinking that maybe I have it wrong. Are they actually going to go through with this? And when they do, how will they sustain the economy? It is here where God jumped in and pulled me out of my misery and reminded me that I must Be still, and know that He is God.

I must trust Him and know that He will deliver South Africa out of the confusion and pain we are facing. I must not worry for I worship an almighty God and He will not let the enemy destroy us. He will save us and heal our land. He will unite us and change the hatred hearts into good hearts. He will show us a common ground where we can build our future together.

Lord, come and save your people. Please touch the hearts of our people and show them the correct way of dealing with the issues at hand. Steer them towards unity and away from pain and hatred. Come and heal our land. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...