Friday 9 March 2018

Today Reminder (Life goes on) – 9 March 2018



A reminder for today
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. (Acts 20:35)

I am a little late today writing to you, my friend. We are done with our release so today we are cutting code and I have a day off. So, I decided to sleep in instead of going to the gym early and then rather going a little later. I had a tough workout this morning and I must admit I am a little exhausted from this weeks training. I am five weeks away from competing, so my carbs are low and my energy also. 

Last night I stopped at the garage to buy bread and a man approached me in need of gasoline money. At first, I thought he might be another scammer, but the Lord changed my heart and reminded me of these words: It is more blessed to give than to receive. So, I told him to pull into the gas station lines and I gave the attendant money to putt petrol into his car.

Paul tells us in Galatians 6: As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. He also says in verse 7: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 

Therefore, in the midst of uncertainty in our country and with terrible finances I gave him most of my money I had. I know that God is at work and that He will change our circumstances and we will see His glory in the next few months. I know our situation will change, because I worship an awesome God. I will trust Him and follow Him and worship Him alone.

Lord, thank you for all that you do for us and the amazing blessing we so gracefully receive from your loving hand. Please bless us and bless our challenges so that we will show your glory. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...