Wednesday 28 March 2018

Today Reminder (Risen) – 28 March 2018


A reminder for today
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53:5)

This weekend Christians all over the world will celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. But what does the resurrection mean to you? Do you go to church and then have an Easter egg hunt? Do you celebrate and next week everything is back to normal?

I have written to you earlier in the month about Easter versus Passover and what do we really celebrate. For me the risen Jesus has more meaning than just this weekend with the two public holidays. You see the resurrection of our Lord is something I carry with me every day. It is the gospel and the very foundation of our religion. 

None of the apostles celebrated easter anywhere in the Bible, instead they risked their lives to carry the gospel to people all over the world facing death and danger at every step of the way. This is the true gospel to me. What do you do to contribute to the kingdom of God? You can eat all the easter eggs in world, but it will have no meaning, but you can share the gospel with one person and it is life changing. 

Are you a weekend Christian or are you an all out fearless gospel carrier and warrior for the Lord? I do not want to conform to this world and I do not want to be influenced by this world and what the masses think we should do. I want to be influenced by Jesus Christ and His word. I want to stand out and be different from the norm. I want to shine for His glory and show His love every day of my life. I do not want to be misled by the lies of the enemy, but I want to live in the truth and the life that is Jesus Christ.

I want to be the one the enemy hates and the one that other will see and desire to have what I have. I want them to see Jesus in me and not only when everyone else suddenly buys easter eggs. I want to be a light in the darkness and the voice of Jesus. I want to share His gospel and touch lives and lead people to the Lord.

He is my eternal, immortal and invincible God. He is my King and my God, and I worship Him alone.

Lord, we are so grateful for what you did for us on that cross. Please give us the strength and wisdom to carry your gospel through all the storms this life can throw at us. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

PS: I am taking a few days off. I will chat to you guys again next week. Have an awesome weekend.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...