Wednesday 16 November 2011

Today Reminder - 16 November 2011 (God is in us)

My prayer for you for today is that the Lord will reveal Himself to you in every situation you face and that you will know He is in you and you are in Him.

John 17:20-26
"I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
  "I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me. Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me because you loved me even before the world began!
  "O righteous Father, the world doesn't know you, but I do; and these disciples know you sent me. I have revealed you to them, and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them, and I will be in them."

God is in us. In His prayer Jesus mentions that He is in the Father and the Father in Him, but also says that He is us. This to me means that if Jesus is in the Father and He is in me, then I am in Him and I am in the Father. Wow! What a thought! This means that God is constantly in us as Jesus is in Him. This takes the previous thoughts we had that we are not alone to an entirely new dimension. When you accepted Jesus as you saviour and you asked God to fill you with His holy spirit you are directly placed in a position that I think we forget. God is in you and in everything you do. You must think of it like this: You might be the only bible some will ever read. Therefore it is so important that we do not lose focus and that we stay the course. When we start touching lives, we will change cities. Just think of the possibilities. God loves all of us and each one deserves to know Jesus. The choice will be their choice not our choice. Let God renew you today and ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit so that we can know where He needs us.



John 20:29
Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me."

Clear blue skies and a promise of rain, it will be a great day!

Enjoy!

Cheers.

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...