Tuesday 4 September 2012

Today Reminder - 04 September 2012 (Increases)


My prayer for you for today is that you will live to live with God in eternity, in Jesus name.

Revelation 6:5-6
When the Lamb broke the third seal, I heard the third living being say, "Come!" I looked up and saw a black horse, and its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, "A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. And don't waste the olive oil and wine."

Another price increase - A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day's pay. I have found myself quite often nowadays looking at prices and thinking how quickly things are just becoming more and more expensive, and I wonder where it all will end. It seems as if our salaries are shrinking and our budgets don’t balance anymore. Medicine is ridiculously expensive and doctors also. Every year prices goes up and our salary increases seem so small in comparison. I was just thinking about the gasoline increase yesterday and what impact that will have on our already overburdened budget. 

When I read this scripture this morning I thought I just had to share it. Revelation is a book that we don’t read so often, and I think it is maybe due to the complexity of the book and the constant reminder of a world that will soon end. This scripture just confirmed what I have written about so many times before. This world as we know it will end, and our time here is just temporary. 

My dear friend, don’t hold on to this world but seek the kingdom of God. Make haste in your decision, because time is running out. The day of the Lord is coming and you must be ready for it. Don’t be fooled and mislead by those that is worldly, but let the Spirit of God guide you.  The people of this world will seek scientific answers for everything, but the Word of God is clear on this.

Now concerning how and when all this will happen, dear brothers and sisters, we don't really need to write you. For you know quite well that the day of the Lord's return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. (1 Thessalonians 5)

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...