Thursday 17 January 2013

Today Reminder - 17 January 2013 (Fear and time)



A reminder for today
Never forget the day when you stood before the LORD your God at Mount Sinai, where He told me, 'Summon the people before me, and I will personally instruct them. Then they will learn to fear me as long as they live, and they will teach their children to fear me also.' (Deuteronomy 4:10)

Fear and time equals’ responsibility:

I have written to you before about God and who He is and how great He is and I made it clear before that we must right size God and make sure we realise who He is. Reading this reminder from Moses to the people of Israel to make them remember who God is and why they should fear Him made me think about time again.

You see in our days at home or at work we have plenty of time to chat and talk and meet and eat and drink and do whatever we prefer. These are the things that we do because they are important to us. We always have time to talk to a friend and we always have time to eat.

Do we always have time for God? I believe that the most important minutes of our days is the minutes we spend alone with God, whether it is praying on our own or praying with friends, these are life investment moments that will pull us through our difficult times. It is so important that you understand what I am trying to say here.

God should and must always come first. He should be number one in all your days. That is why Moses needed to remind the people of Israel about who God is. Just like them we tend to place God on the side while other daily things, like surfing the web, takes priority over God. If you ask me this is bordering on insanity. God is God, He is the creator of the universe. He holds our lives in His hands and He is the one that will decide our fate at the end.

Therefore my dear friend, I urge you to place God first and to fear Him out of respect and love. He is God and He should have all of us all the time. God should not wait for us, we should wait for Him.

I pray that you will remember who God is and what He has done for you and that you will place Him first in each day as we journey together in our lives  towards our ultimate goal, to be with Him, in Jesus name.

Wherever you are and whoever you are, God loves you and you are so important to Him. You remain in my prayers dear friend as I bring you to the Lord each day. See you tomorrow. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...