Friday 18 October 2013

Today Reminder - 18 October 2013 (Day 14 - Living in the Kingdom)



A reminder for today
These were his instructions to them: "You must always act in the fear of the LORD, with faithfulness and an undivided heart. (2 Chronicles 19:9)

Yes it is Friday. Wow, this week came to an end so quickly. How are you my friend and how are things on your side? I do hope all is well and that you are taking each day step by step. How are you doing in God’s kingdom? Are you struggling or are you succeeding and how are you doing in your personal time with the Lord. I do hope that you are spending more time with the Lord and that your relationship is growing. There is nothing that God desires more than to have a relationship with you and to spend time with you.

I have to share this with you. My oldest son is six and our youngest is two. Yesterday my oldest son told us that he has got a girlfriend and that she is very pretty. Now this caught me off guard because he is only six. So we were off to school and I dropped my oldest at his school and took our youngest to his pre-school. When we walked into his classroom these little girls came running to him, screaming in excitement to see him. I was speechless…

As I drove to work I was thinking about that and I realised that these little kids know something about friendship that we might have forgotten. The excitement to see each other and the genuine love that they display, not only in friendship, but also in acceptance of each other were just an eye opener for me. I realised again that each day we have with each other is a gift and something we should cherish and not do half hearted. We seem to get stuck in this fast passed world and we easily tend to forget about the things that are truly important like friends. 

We fear the wrong things when we should fear God with faithfulness and an undivided heart. So today I just want to remind you that you are my friend and I hold you deep in my heart and I treasure your friendship as I lift you up to the Lord. You know Jesus calls you friend and I believe that we should take this very seriously and understand that the Lord wants a relationship undivided and faithful to Him. This should be our foundation towards our friendship with each other. Thank you for being my friend and living to show the wonder of our Lord to all that you meet. You are just awesome my dear friend and so important. Let us never miss a moment where we can share our friendship and be excited to be friends.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...