Tuesday 22 October 2013

Today Reminder - 22 October 2013 (Day 16 - Living in the Kingdom)



A reminder for today
Then Jehoiada and his sons brought out Joash, the king's son, placed the crown on his head, and presented him with a copy of God's laws. They anointed him and proclaimed him king, and everyone shouted, "Long live the king!" (2 Chronicles 23:11)

Mondays, jip they always have a way to start the week with a few surprises. How was your day my dear friend? I do hope that your week started without any difficulties or problems. Living in the kingdom of God certainly has a few up’s and downs. Each day we find new challenges and each day we are given the opportunity to live as Jesus did. Each day we are crowned as princes in God’s kingdom and each day we can lead people to our king or lead them away from our king.

Joash was crowned king as a little boy and this made me think of a little boy who was sitting among the religious teachers, listening to them and asking questions. All who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. (Luke 2) This little boy grew up and was captured, tortured and crucified. He then defeated death and rose back to life on the third day just as the scriptures prophesized. He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone. But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man's grave. (Isaiah 53:9)  But as for me, God will redeem my life. He will snatch me from the power of the grave. (Psalm 49:15)

This little boy was crowned king and given all authority in heaven and on earth. I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. (Matthew 28:18) This is our king and the one we worship. He is God and there is nothing that can bring us down when we follow Him and keep our eyes and hearts focussed on Him. "You have said it. And in the future you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God's right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven." (Matthew 26:64)

Yesterday my son asked me if a lion would eat a human and naturally my answer was yes. He then said to me that luckily Jesus is in our hearts so we would pick up the lion and throw him to the side. At first I thought it to be a little boy’s imagination that gave him this idea, but as we continued on our way home I realised my son in his little way prophesized. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! (Psalm 91:13)

My son is correct; we are following the King of heaven who has authority in heaven and on earth. Why do we fear and why do we have so little faith. I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 18:3-4)

Come with me today as we have faith like little children and worship our king. "Long live the king!" Let is stop to fear what lies ahead and place our hearts and trust in the Lord our King and God so that we can live lives fully dedicated to Him. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...