Thursday 19 December 2013

Today Reminder – 19 December 2013 (Day 13 – A Real Christmas)



A reminder for today
I could say the same things if you were in my place. I could spout off criticism and shake my head at you. But if it were me, I would encourage you. I would try to take away your grief. Instead, I suffer if I defend myself, and I suffer no less if I refuse to speak. (Job 16:4-6)

Yesterday I wrote to you about circumstances and how it is so much different in other places of in other people’s lives. We might have a wonderful and merry Christmas where other might have it in fear. Job says here in response to Eliphaz, “I could say the same things if you were in my place.” 

It is funny how we are quick to respond with something similar when we are going through a rough patch in our lives. We would easily feel that nobody can understand what we are going through, because it is not happening to them. People will not understand, because they have never gone through a similar experience. My dear friend, as Christmas lies at our doorstep, there are many that might be going through the same trouble or have gone through a similar experience. They might not talk about it and we might never know their grief, but we can always share our own experiences and in that way try and uplift those people again.

I believe that the hardest thing that you can go through at Christmas is to be alone. Not to have anyone could be devastating. Sometimes these experiences that we share can bring us together and if we know each other’s pain, it could really form a strong bond. The great thing about sharing is that there is someone that knows and understands and that kind of relationship could ease the pain and bring light where there is mostly darkness. 

So my dear friend, do not hesitate to share your experiences and to listen and hear what other have to say. A willing ear can sometimes solve many issues. Let us not get caught up in our own lives, but let us take a moment and listen to the lives that we meet and share our lives with, because being a friend is a huge responsibility and to take Jesus with you in each conversation is so important.

You can make a difference by listening or by talking. Share and let the Lord lighten your burden or the burden of other. Let us make this Christmas a Christmas where no one we know will feel alone.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...