Friday 20 December 2013

Today Reminder – 20 December 2013 (Day 14 – A Real Christmas)



A reminder for today
"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!” (Job 19:25-27)

How are you my dear friend? It is only 5 days until Christmas and more and more people are going on leave. Our offices are getting quieter and suddenly there seem to be more parking in our basement. In the shops you hear Christmas music and off course the shops are crazy with people buying Christmas presents. Are you having the same experiences and did you do your Christmas shopping or are you still going to do it? Well I know of two little boys that are going to be very excited when they are going to open their presents and thinking about that made me think about Jesus.

You see, to open your heart and except Jesus is like getting a gift on Christmas. As you start to unwrap the wonder of His love and you open possibilities of having a living God in you, you start to feel the excitement of what you received and you can feel how your feet just wants to dance with joy. Job says here in Job 19 that he knows his redeemer lives. So today I just want you to know or remember that Jesus lives and we worship a living God. 

Standing on our own we will fail, but with Jesus in our lives we can do anything. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

When we open the gift that is Jesus we become a new person leaving behind our old self. Let us celebrate the new life we have in Jesus by sharing it this Christmas. Let all see that Jesus is a life changing decision and that He lives in us wherever we go.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...