Friday 8 August 2014

Today Reminder – 8 August 2014 (Day 6 – Return to Proverbs)



A reminder for today
My children, listen when your father corrects you. Pay attention and learn good judgment, for I am giving you good guidance. Don't turn away from my instructions. For I, too, was once my father's son, tenderly loved as my mother's only child. (Proverbs 4:1-3)

This is something that I am constantly thinking about. You see we are here to live a life of example and to show Jesus to the world, but how many times do people really see Jesus in you. I am thinking about people and how we talk to each other. The other day I said to a lady in a meeting that a woman should not use bad language (well neither should a man), and I was questioned and my comment just brushed away. I realise that the way we talk reflects how we respect. You see bad language displays a lack of respect and love not only towards the other parties, but also towards yourself. It is this disrespect towards our self and other that is becoming the downfall of our society. If you want other to listen and respect you, you need to respect yourself. To be able to give good guidance we need to follow good guidance and our example is not one who hated or disrespected other. Even on the cross, Jesus displayed love and compassion towards those who hated Him. Why should we be different? To be able to say “My children, listen when your father corrects you” we need to listen also and pay attention to the ways of the Lord and learn good judgement, for we are getting good guidance. The choice remains with us. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...