Friday 1 August 2014

Today Reminder – 1 August 2014 (Day 1 – Return to Proverbs)



A reminder for today
My child, listen when your father corrects you. Don't neglect your mother's instruction. What you learn from them will crown you with grace and be a chain of honour around your neck.  (Proverbs 1:8-9)

I read these verses and I realise once more how much of my parent’s wisdom I did not accept in my youth and how many times that made me very sorry afterwards. Yesterday is one of those days where I hear their words so clearly and I remember how it was growing up in our house. Solomon also says that fools despise wisdom and discipline. How foolish are we at times? It would be great to be able to replay some of our days and just see where we went wrong and how we could’ve done things better. It always seemed as if my Mom always knew what to do and how to do it. 

My child, if sinners entice you, turn your back on them (verse 10). We should accept wisdom and turn away from those that pull us into misery and on the wrong paths. Accepting guidance and being corrected is not something we should take negatively, but something we should embrace and correct in our lives. I believe that wisdom comes from God and accepting wisdom is accepting His guidance. Let us walk today with our eyes focussed on Him and our hearts filled with Him so that wherever we go and whoever we meet, they will see that in us. Let us accept His guidance and seek His wisdom.

God said to Solomon, "Because your greatest desire is to help your people, and you did not ask for wealth, riches, fame, or even the death of your enemies or a long life, but rather you asked for wisdom and knowledge to properly govern my people—I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested. But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future (2 Chronicles 1:11-12)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...