Friday 29 August 2014

Today Reminder – 29 August 2014 (Day 21 – Return to Proverbs)



A reminder for today

Today is the last day of our “Return to Proverbs” theme. Monday we start a new theme so I would like to end this one with a few proverbs (taking the easy way) and let you meditate on God’s wisdom in Solomon. It is such a privilege to be able to share His amazing insight and just go through these verses. I find myself completely taken by some of the things that he wrote and I must admit some of them I did wrong. I do hope that his words will be a guide to you and that God will give you equal wisdom in life and in the challenges that you need to deal with. I wrote yesterday that friendship is so important and in that you are important to me my friend as we journey together though the wonders of God’s Word. Thank you for joining me on my travels, you are a great friend and one that Jesus so adores. Here they are from proverbs 19:

Better to be poor and honest than to be dishonest and a fool.
Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes.
People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the LORD.
Wealth makes many "friends"; poverty drives them all away.
A false witness will not go unpunished, nor will a liar escape.
Many seek favours from a ruler; everyone is the friend of a person who gives gifts!   

Lazy people sleep soundly, but idleness leaves them hungry.
Keep the commandments and keep your life; despising them leads to death.
If you help the poor, you are lending to the LORD—and he will repay you!
Discipline your children while there is hope. Otherwise you will ruin their lives.  

Who can say, "I have cleansed my heart; I am pure and free from sin"?  
Ears to hear and eyes to see—both are gifts from the LORD

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...