Tuesday 16 September 2014

Today Reminder – 16 September 2014 (Day 12 – My friend)



A reminder for today
When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him, and he was deeply troubled. "Where have you put him?" he asked them. They told him, "Lord, come and see." Then Jesus wept. The people who were standing nearby said, "See how much he loved him (John 11:33-36).

I was on training last week and funny enough these words kept jumping into my mind. I kept thinking of this event when Jesus went to resurrect Lazarus. I guess you were on my mind all week, my friend and I thought about the events in our lives that could possibly have the same effect on us. What I wanted to look at first was the friendship Jesus had with Lazarus and how the death of Lazarus had such a huge emotional impact on Him. First Jesus was angry at them when He saw their weeping and then He was troubled. I imagine there is much more to this than we think. I feel the Holy Spirit reminding me of worldly faith. You see it could mean that Jesus was angry at them for their little faith, for He said in verse 23 – 26: Jesus told her, "Your brother will rise again." "Yes," Martha said, "he will rise when everyone else rises, at the last day." Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?” You see Jesus wanted them to see Him for who He truly is and He wanted them to believe beyond their grief. The same way He wants us to believe and have faith in Him. He is the true measure of friendship and the way we must love. Being your friend is not just the bond but it is much deeper my friend. It is the bond we share in Jesus. The life we have and the life we will receive. We are not meant to be only friends for a short while. We are destined to remain friends forever. That is why your friendship is so precious. We are not friends in life only. We are friends until eternity. We have fullness of life, because we have a mutual friend in Jesus. Jesus loves us in the same way He love Lazarus, and I am so excited to know we will be friends with no limits to our friendship. With Jesus we will be more: More in life, more in friendship and more in every way possible. Life will never defeat us, because our chain is life giving.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...