Monday 22 September 2014

Today Reminder – 22 September 2014 (Day 16 – My friend)



A reminder for today
But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children." (Matthew 19:14)

We are not only a friend to God, but His children. These verses are so well known where Jesus called the children back as He explains that the kingdom of heaven is for those who are like children. Sometimes I think I am just a child in an adult body. I love being with my boys and to watch them play as their little imaginations have no boundaries. I want to turn these verses upside down a bit and show you the picture I have in my head. You see friends can do funny things together. Sometimes people will frown at you and think you are weird, but you and your friend understand it. It is that “only we get it” moments that best friends have. Now when Jesus calls back the children think of it like this: Jesus is your friend and as we turn to Him and follow Him faithfully, the Father turns to us and says “Do not stop my children, for my Kingdom are for those who follows my Son, for He is the way and the truth”. Being a friend of Jesus means that our friendship will soar and we will reach heights that other would think impossible. I tell you this from what I experience in my own life. I see Jesus as my best friend, and together we have done some pretty impossible things. He gives me wings so that I can soar high above all the worries of this life. He gives me strength so that I will never stop and He gives me wisdom so that I can do my work better than ever. And you know, He is your best friend too. Even if you do not think so, He surely does.  This means that you will see His glory in your life in all that you do and it will leave you stunned, just like it does to me. Come my friend, for our friendship in Jesus makes us limitless people with unlimited strength. Let us fly together, because when you are friends with Jesus, walking is so yesterday.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...