Thursday 9 October 2014

Today Reminder – 09 October 2014 (Day 7 – Faith)



A reminder for today

But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted. Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. "You have so little faith," Jesus said. "Why did you doubt me?" (Matthew 14:30-31)

Our faith is constantly under fire and with that we are continuously bombarded with insecurities and feelings of failure. We see our mistakes and we are reminded by the enemy that we are not worthy or that we are living a lie. I guess if you were living with me you would ask the same questions, because just like you I fall and make mistakes. I get angry and irritated and lately I would question my role as God’s ambassador in a world that can’t wait to see me fall. I write to you about living a life that reflects Jesus, yet I struggle to live that life. So the next thing is that I would question my way of life and my life as a follower of Jesus Christ when I feel He is not so clearly visible in the way I live. And that is exactly where I found myself this morning. Am I good enough?

Peter looked at the waves and he was terrified. We look at our mistakes and we are terrified. We struggle with our thoughts and our purpose and we call out “Save me Lord!” My dear friend, Jesus is looking at us today as He stretched out His hand to lift us up out of our pit of despair. “You have so little faith," Jesus said. "Why did you doubt me?"

Stop doubting my friend and let us trust Him. Our ways are imperfect, but His ways is perfect. Our imperfections are already forgiven and our mistakes died on that cross. Do not let your fear steal your reward in Jesus. I look up at Him as He pulls me out of the water and I realise that it is not me writing to you, but His Holy Spirit. I may be imperfect, but He is perfect and it is not my words but the words of the Holy Spirit. And most importantly; I write as much for me as I am writing for you. You are loved beyond understanding and no mistake you make will steal you from His forgiveness. Stand up in faith and trust Him, for He knows better than we do. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...