Thursday 16 October 2014

Today Reminder – 16 October 2014 (Day 12 – Faith)



A reminder for today

Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?" (John 11:25-26)

Yesterday I left you with the question “How can we have that faith?” I thought about it for a while and naturally I looked at myself and my own life. For a moment I was concerned, because I realise that I still lack that faith. I realised that I needed to think again what is faith and what does it mean to me. So I asked my friend what she thought faith is and how do we achieve Daniel-like faith.

She said that to her faith is knowing and living beyond our worldly fears. Faith is allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us in truth and to know that Jesus will always be there to catch us when we fall no matter what the circumstance is. Faith is believing without if’s and but’s. Faith is the knowledge that you are able to do anything through Jesus that strengthens you. To achieve Daniel-like faith you need to get to a point where God is all you can experience and all that you desire. To know that life is not in your hands and to lose the worldly life and focus on the Spiritual life.  To give all to God and to give up on all your worldly desires so that you can live completely in His grace. To listen to His voice and to follow His plan and finally to realise that it is all about God.

My dear friend, Jesus is the life. He is all I am and all I want. If I can achieve this each day I will achieve the impossible.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...