Wednesday 22 October 2014

Today Reminder – 22 October 2014 (Day 16 – Faith)



A reminder for today
It was by faith that Abel brought a more acceptable offering to God than Cain did. Abel's offering gave evidence that he was a righteous man, and God showed his approval of his gifts. Although Abel is long dead, he still speaks to us by his example of faith. (Hebrews 11:4)

Yesterday was a tough day. I have been troubled by injuries and it seems as if they are just getting worse and worse. Pain is something that I have continuously and as I travel on my journey. It has made me question many of my habits and activities and how I go about my exercise program. In the last few days I have made some huge adjustments to start and compensate for the pain and I realised yesterday that I will have to make a few more adjustments.

When it comes to training I am very stubborn and set in my ways. I work hard and I give it all I have. So for me to bring the intensity of my workouts down is quite a huge mind set change. For a moment I was just lost in myself and I have forgotten the privileges and blessings that God so gracefully laid upon me. I have become selfish in a sense and to allow God to bring a time of recovery and healing into my life is something that I must do in faith.

What is so amazing about these verses is the fact that Abel still speaks to us by his example of faith. When we look at faith in our own lives and how we live faithfully this is something we should strive for. To lead a life of faith that will leave and example for those close to us that they can use in their lives.

Live to live a life that resembles faith in all that you do. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...