Tuesday 17 April 2018

Today Reminder (Likeminded) – 17 April 2018

A reminder for today
Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 15:5-6)

How are you, my friend? My competition is over, and this means that I can eat a little better for a while. I did really well and placed third in the masters over 40 division. I love to compete and more I love to meet all these people that are likeminded in their drive to look after their bodies and live healthy lives. There were a lot of contestants and they all looked really good. It is in moments like that where I realise again that God made us amazingly wonderful. Our bodies are just so cool in their design to adjust and change in amazing ways. I am truly blessed, and I am so grateful for all that God does in my life and for all the grace that He shows to me. My wife and kids came to watch and support me and that was just the best part. 

Paul writes here in Romans 14 that we should be likeminded and that we must glorify God with one mind. This means that we must align ourselves with God and with His words so that we can speak as one. You see this fall apart especially when churches start to conform to the world and for the sake of numbers adjust their message to fit the crowd. That is why there is so much controversy on gay marriage. Some will preach it and allow it and other will stand against it. The simple fact is that we would rather adjust the Bible to fit our agenda that change our view to fit to the Bible. When it comes to being gay it is simple. God condemns it and it is a sin in His eyes. The Bible is clear on this issue, yet we will still argue it as love. Yes, love the person but condemn the sin, and lead people toward God and not against it. 

I do it with my kids all the time. I reprimand them when they make a mistake, but I do not stop loving them. It is the same with people that go astray. We must point out the sin, but this does not mean we stop loving them. Look at the example God showed us in Jesus Christ. He died for all, even those who crucified Him. So, regardless what they did, Jesus still loved them. The choice ultimately remains our own. We can choose to stop sinning or we can choose to ignore the warnings and just do as we please. The important thing is that we do not give up on these people and that we continue to love them and pray for them. 

Our Father, hollowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come and thy will be done, here on earth as it is in heaven. Forgive us our trespasses just as we forgive those who trespass against us. In the name of Jesus. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...