Thursday 26 April 2018

Today Reminder (Tactics) – 26 April 2018

A reminder for today
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. (1 Peter 1:24-25)

Yesterday my throat started to get soar and last night I woke up with a camp fire in my throat. This morning it felt like I was run over by an angry bus driver. So, off to the doctor I went and now I am dosed, and I still feel a little weary. I guess it is the sudden load of stress that broke down my immune system, but we all know that the enemy has all kinds of tactics and sickness is one of those. 

Suddenly everything is going well with my soul and the enemy is losing the fight, so he will make use of dirty tactics to try and get to me. Once again, he keeps forgetting who my God is and my God can heal me at any moment with ease. Therefore, I will take the rest and allow God to heal me in His time. Sometimes, God will allow things like this into our lives to realign us and to redirect us. In my case I think God knows I need a little rest. I have been going at full speed non-stop for months now, and I guess my body needs a little time of.

You see Peter reminds us here that all flesh is like grass and all the glory of man is like the flower of grass. The grass withers and the flower will fall away, but the word of God will endure forever. My sudden sickness reminded me just how fragile our bodies are. How small we are in comparison to God and how weak we can get. Yet, so many will think themselves much more important than the God who made it all.

The enemy has a whole military handbook with different tactics. Some are universal, and some are individually based, but they all are effective and if we do not guard ourselves against these attacks we might just be consumed by it. 

In my sick and weak condition (hahaha) I will leave you with this challenge: when the enemy attacks stand back and counter his attack by realigning yourself with God and reaffirming your trust in Him. Let the enemy understand that you are not going down and that your faith and trust is rooted in God and nothing will move you. 

We have another loooooong weekend. So, I will chat to you again on Wednesday. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Lord, we are so grateful for all your blessings. Please bless and protect all my friends that shares in your word with me. Guide them and hold them safe. In the name of Jesus. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...