Friday 21 December 2018

Reflections of faith (Giving) – 21 December 2018


He answereth and saith unto them, He that hath two coats, let him impart to him that hath none; and he that hath meat, let him do likewise. (Luke 3:11)

They say this is the season of giving. Yet when the prices go up and the budget tightens, we tend to forget that we should give our tithes. When you look at giving in the Bible there is so many scriptures referring to giving and Jesus spoke on many occasions about giving. There are many verses but two in particular is what I want to reflect on today.

One is Luke 6:38: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

The other is Matthew 25:43-45: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Now, one Jesus said that when you give it shall be given to you and He also said that when you ignore people in need and here, He uses the words “the least of my brethren” which to me means those people on the street or maybe people different than you. These are the people He compares to Himself asking for help and when you did not help them you did not help Him as He ends with these striking words: “And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.”

Now I give, and I try to help as much as I can, and I can tell you that I am blessed beyond understanding. This month specific I had no clue how we will be able to do everything and still make the end and I tell you that the Lord did amazing and unexpected things that I can only say is His work. 

I know we all struggle, but there are many out there with much less than what we have and if Jesus said He will bless you for giving well He does, and I can testify to that because I see it in my life. The question is not who to help. Jesus said the least of all so help anyone in need. I can guarantee you that God can take your small blessing and multiply it so that I changes someone’s life. There are thousands out there with barely something to eat every day and we life in what is to them abundance. Do not let the enemy steal you blessings by keeping your heart locked for the need out in the world, because every life we can save with giving is a soul we can keep from perishing.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...