Tuesday 4 December 2018

Today Reminder (When I am weak) – 4 December 2018


A reminder for today
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

My weakness is my irritation and my anger at the moment. The whole situation with my kids now in two houses plus my ex wife that is to selfish to realise what she did all fills up one huge cauldron of anger and irritation that can drive me crazy. It is as if I just can’t move forward and, in my weakness, I am so irritated at the whole thing. It is hard, and I can tell you in all honesty it is not easy for me to not have my kids around all the time. This is probably the hardest part of it all and the part that is killing me. 

So, why did I choose these verses today? At the moment I feel weak almost all the time and when I read that God’s grace is enough, I am humbled again. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. He is all I need and all I will ever need. He will take my weakness and turn it into strength and He will take that which hurts so much at the moment and turn it into victory for His glory. 

The enemy thinks he won, but unfortunately when I am weak I am strong and I must change my mind so that I will find pleasure in my infirmities, my persecutions and my distresses because when I rise out of this God will get all the glory and everyone will know that He is God and God over my life.

Therefore, what remains for me to do? I will continue to battle on my knees and pray from my kids and my ex and all the people in my life including all of you that have become my friends on my blog. I will not let my pain become my measure of my worth, but I will let my victory over my pain become the purpose of my life. In my victories I will show my God and I will show His love and all that will see will realise that He is the only God. 

There are still much to do, and the fight is far from over. We must stay the course and keep our focus on the prize at the end of this race. It is not about us nor is about this life, it is all about God and all for Him. I can only ask that He will turn my situation around and let my kids be with me. I can only ask that He will continue to bless me and continue to strengthen me and prepare me for what awaits me, because I know great things are still to come.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...