Wednesday 5 December 2018

Today Reminder (Pray) – 5 December 2018


A reminder for today
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. (Matthew 6:6)

I woke up this morning with that deep grateful feeling. I had a great workout and I got to spend time with my kids plus my friend visited. So, I had a great day yesterday and a lot to be thankful for. My business is really blessed, and I must say God is really amazing in my life at the moment. Although I still have those hurtful and painfilled moments for my loss I am so amazed at how God works to comfort me and carry me through this. I still have a long way ahead, but I am patient because I know who my God is, and I trust Him completely. 

Jesus spoke here in Matthew 6 about giving and praying and He goes on and teaches the Lord’s Prayer. He is specific in His message that when we give, we must do so in secret, because then we cannot boast about it and God who sees all will bless us in return. Jesus also says that we should pray in secret and not stand outside like those hypocrites. To me, prayer is a very personal thing and I will go onto my knees at my bed and just talk to the Lord. 

I love to thank Him for His grace and blessings in my life and I love to pray for you all. In my prayers I pray for everyone from the government to my enemies and those that I do not like very much at this moment, so yes, I pray for my ex-wife and I pray for Malema. One thing I love is the presence of the Lord when I pray. I feel Him so close all the time and that feeling remains with me as the night unfolds and turns into day. My first thoughts in my morning is of my God and I will read my verse and always reflect on it.

My point is this. In the past few years I have made it my priority to pray every night regardless of my mood or my emotions or whatever I experienced, and I must say that it did not only make me stronger, but it changed my life. It changed how I look at things and it changed how I experience my God and how I hear His voice. The Holy Spirit is so much clearer in my daily life and in all that I do and say. For example: I will get really upset at my ex-wife when she has her moments, but then the Lord will speak to me so clearly and I will call her back and apologise. I will drive by someone begging and I will feel the Lord telling me to help. So, prayer changed my relationship with the Lord and it changed my perspective, because when I look at my challenges, I see them from His perspective and then they are much smaller. 

I also trust God in my business, so I will always give from my income and I am amazed at how He blessed me in return, because I pray for my clients and I pray for my business, but most of all I place my trust in Him. 

Therefore, I challenge you to pray more and to trust God completely. You will see His hand at work in your life. Be patient and be courageous. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...