Wednesday 24 April 2019

Reflections of faith (Life) – 24 April 2019


Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25-26)

Eternity is a word we often use yet a concept we throw around as if we do not comprehend the fullness of it. I think sometimes our worldly nature inhibits us to fully understand the magnitude of eternity. When Jesus said here that He is life and if you believe and live in Him will never die, He confirmed that eternity is a reality for those who follow Him. He makes it clear that He is the resurrection and even if you are dead you will live. Sometimes we are dead even though we live, because we are so controlled by the world and the things of this world that we seek happiness in the worst of places and if we do not find it, we keep looking and we are never fully satisfied. We seek something with so substance and a world that devours the lost and the broken. The enemy has no heart and he is relentless in his mission to destroy and hurt as far as he goes. Jesus changed that when He gave His life. His resurrection became our resurrection, and in our resurrection, we rise above the norm to become children of light and children of God. His love and His grace creates purpose and on His foundation we become unsinkable vessels of hope. Living in Him and believing in Him makes us different and in our love, we break the chains of darkness and we become beacons that people can follow to God and finally to eternity. Jesus is amazing in my life. I may struggle in the storms of life, but I live in the grace and blessings of an all-powerful God. I fear no more, and I have an unbreakable joy that flows from within. I am free and I am a child of God. 

Have an awesome day. 

I love you, my friend in Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...