Tuesday 13 November 2012

Today Reminder - 14 November 2012 (Ahead)


A reminder for today
God has sent me ahead of you to keep you and your families alive and to preserve many survivors. So it was God who sent me here, not you! And he is the one who made me an adviser* to Pharaoh—the manager of his entire palace and the governor of all Egypt. (Genesis 45:7-8)

Ahead – what you intended for evil, God intended for good.

Joseph’s story has been in my head all day. I think the moment Joseph saw his brothers after all those years must’ve been an emotional moment. Can you imagine the mixed feelings running through his mind? Firstly there is the anger of what they did to him and just as powerful must’ve been the longing to see his family again. Joseph is angry, yet curious about the wellbeing of his family. He goes through an emotional roller coaster where he initially decides to punish them but also displays compassion as he returns their money to them without their knowledge.

Eventually Joseph could no longer keep his emotions under control as he reveals his identity and in an instant displays the power of forgiveness. Can you just imagine the surprise, shock and overwhelming emotions that his brothers must’ve gone through? I can just see the past few years running through their minds and the faith booster as they remember Joseph’s dreams.

I love that phrase: “What you intended for evil, God intended for good” When you allow emotions to get the better of you and you ignore God, evil will conquer. But when we allow God to get the better of us and leave our own personal emotions out of it, evil will fail. What the enemy uses to destroy us, God uses to make us stronger and to prepare us for what lies ahead. God will take our bad times and turn them into glory days. 

My dear friend, as this day finally approaches its end and I look back over all that the enemy tried to bring bad into our life and how God intervened and changed the course of evil for His glory and our peace of mind, I am in awe. I am truly and completely in awe of the mercy and love that God so freely pours over our lives. And I am in awe of the amazing people that He brings into our lives to support us and to keep us standing through love and prayer. I can testify once again of His great love.

My dear friend, May you be blessed through everything that comes into your life and everything that passes you by on your journey. May God fill you with love, compassion and strength to face each day as you trust Him for victory and success, in Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...