Thursday 1 November 2012

Today Reminder - 01 November 2012 (Work)


A reminder for today
"I worked for you through the scorching heat of the day and through cold and sleepless nights. Yes, for twenty years I slaved in your house! I worked for fourteen years earning your two daughters, and then six more years for your flock. And you changed my wages ten times! (Genesis 31:40-41)

Work – a gift.

If you read the history of Jacob’s life and especially his time living with Laban you will notice that he worked very hard even though he was fairly mistreated. Jacob shows character in the sense that he acknowledges God’s hand in his blessings. In Genesis 32:10 he prays: “I am not worthy of all the unfailing love and faithfulness you have shown to me, your servant. When I left home and crossed the Jordan River, I owned nothing except a walking stick. Now my household fills two large camps!” 

This is quite an eye opener. We enter this world with nothing but as we grow God blesses our work and increases our possessions throughout our lives. What is important is that we see these blessings and that we thank God for what we have. 

My dear friend, I pray that your live will be filled with contentment as you thank God for all that He has done and still will do in your life. I pray that you will be patient and that you will hear His voice as He guides you day by day, in Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...