Friday 16 November 2012

Today Reminder - 16 November 2012 (Water)


A reminder for today
Later, when the boy was older, his mother brought him back to Pharaoh's daughter, who adopted him as her own son. The princess named him Moses, for she explained, "I lifted him out of the water." (Exodus 2:10)

Out of the water and victory over sin:

She saw that he was a special baby and kept him hidden for three months. I believe in the eyes of the Lord each and every one of us is seen as a special baby. Just like Moses, God has a plan for each one of us, but let us talk about being lifted from the water.

I have this image of being baptised and lifted from the water. We know that Moses was hidden in the water when Pharaoh’s daughter saw him and she lifted him from the water, taking him from being persecuted to being saved. I see that being lifted from the water and acknowledging Jesus as our saviour we are taken from persecution to a life that is saved.

I see that it is Jesus that is the one who lifts you up from the water today as He pulls you out of the mud and mire into His arms of warmth and safety. I see His warm smile as it calms you down and peace and love fills your entire body. I see how He reunites you with a familiar face that supports you and helps you as you grow stronger every day. I see us back in His presence, in His palace free from the burdens of this world and victorious over all that we face. I see God’s glory in our lives as we glorify His name.

My dear friend, I pray that you will be lifted from whatever keeps you from the love of Jesus and from becoming who God intended you to be. I pray that the chains of fear is broken and that you will soar with eagles as you are lifted from the hold that you are in. I pray that you will have a life filled with blessings and that you will live a life that will lift other from the water and into the Lord’s arms, in Jesus name.

God has been so good to us in the last week through all that we faced and through all the obstacles that lied in our path. I can truly testify that the enemy has no power over us and that in His mercy and grace we are strengthened so that nothing will break our spirit, but instead our spirit will soar to proclaim His great love. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...