Wednesday 6 November 2013

Today Reminder - 06 November 2013 (Day 4 - A life of Change)



A reminder for today
For we were slaves, but in his unfailing love our God did not abandon us in our slavery. (Ezra 9:9)

I do hope you are well my dear friend and that you are starting to feel change in your life as we strive to live a life of change. As I drove home yesterday I thought that it is easy to change what we say but not so easy to change how we say it. I often find myself saying something but the meaning of what I wanted to say is distorted by how I say it. We have this ability to use nice words but the way we say things can make these words mean something completely different.

In our journey towards change it is not only important that we look at what we say but how we say. God gave me this image of slavery this morning. I see how we have become slaves to our set ways and how we are chained by these old habits. I see God does not abandon us in our prison but He needs us to break free and remove these chains from our lives.

We need to give our old habits and old ways to the Lord so that He can renew us completely in such a way that we will change our old ways into His new ways. Therefore we will bring light into every conversation and God will touch hearts and change people.

Come my dear friend and let us allow God to change our ways and renew our hearts for His glory.

Dear Lord, please take away our old and bad habits and change our hearts and minds so that we will be more like you. Let us change the way we say things so that we will always respect one another and show your love no matter what the situation is like. Lord fill us with your peace so that we will display control in every situation bringing glory to your name as we bring your light in every challenge we face each day. Lord let this change of our hearts affect other so that they too will long for a relationship with you and a life of change. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...