Friday 22 November 2013

Today Reminder - 22 November 2013 (Day 16 - A Life of Change)



A reminder for today
“If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14)

I must say it: “It’s Friday again!” Wow, this week seemed to fly past us even though it was filled with challenges. The end of November stares us in the face and we still have so much to do for this current project. It is funny how the devil will always try and stir up fear within us and make us think we are unable to succeed so that we lose hope and trust. I believe that with God all things are possible and even if it seems that the burden is more than the time remaining, I know that the Lord will not let us fail. Our wisdom and strength comes from Him and this means we should stop worrying and keep on focussing.

Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this – Now this is so awesome. In fact this is exactly why God made Esther queen, so that she can save her people. My dear friend, it is my privilege to remind you today that you are where you are for just such a time as this. You are wonderfully made and positioned in life so that you can save people. Did you know that? Did you know that this amazing responsibility lies on you to carry the gospel in your heart wherever you go? Yes you! You are chosen to be God’s representative. Now don’t frown and don’t fear. You are the one that will show people how to walk on water and to calm the storms in our lives. Yes, you will heal people and let the blind see. You will open the eyes of the lost and break the grip of the enemy on the lives of those who do not know Jesus and those who seem to have forgotten Him. Why do I say this? 

Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do. "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! (John 14:11-14)

Do I need to say more than this? Do you need more confirmation than that from the Lord? Now remember this:

"I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)

Yes you! You are to go and make disciples and teach them to obey the commands the Lord gave us. Do you remember those, they are based on love. "'You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:38-40) And fear nothing my friend – no impossible challenges, no creeping timelines, no overload of work, no personal problems, no sickness, no pain and no enemy, because be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...