Tuesday 19 November 2013

Today Reminder - 19 November 2013 (Day 13 - A Life fo Change)



A reminder for today
All the king’s officials would bow down before Haman to show him respect whenever he passed by, for so the king had commanded. But Mordecai refused to bow down or show him respect. (Esther 3:2)

How are you my dear friend and how have you been? How was your weekend and did you survive Monday? It is always interesting how a Monday can start with so many issues all at once and how we can so quickly be pulled into this stream and before we know it we are much further down than we thought. I love Mondays, they always have so many surprises and I am often amazed at God’s hand in helping me through all these surprises. I always believe that these issues in life are there to humble me and to remind me that I am reliant on God and that nothing I do comes from me but it all comes from God who graciously blesses me with my abilities and all my talents.

It is in making me humble that I often realise if we submit to issues and allow problems to get the better of us we submit to their power over us. Mordecai refused to bow down and show respect to Haman for he was a Jew and God was the only one he bowed down to. This is so important for is in our journey towards a life of change. We should not submit and bow down to anything other than our Lord. Nothing should take God’s place in our lives and nothing should come between us. 

My dear friend, let us face this day with all that awaits us giving glory to God by not allowing anything to bring us down but to stand and fight. The Lord is our strength and with Him we are able to overcome anything. 

Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other. In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. (Romans 12:4-8)

Come my dear friend and let us honour God with our talents and with everything that we do. Do not let the challenges force us to submit, but let us force our challenges to submit to us. Whatever we do today, let us do it well and gladly for our Lord for He will rescue us and set us free.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...