Thursday 14 November 2013

Today Reminder - 14 November 2013 (Day 10 - A Life of Change)



A reminder for today
“We promise together not to neglect the Temple of our God.” (Nehemiah 10:39)

So yesterday seemed to be a much better day and I defeated a number of challenges working for the glory of our Lord. I wonder how you are doing my dear friend and how you holding up there on your side? You are in my prayers as I keep asking the Lord to bless you and give you strength. What a wonderful thought to know that we are sharing God’s Word and that each day we stand together facing all that comes our way and that we could know we are not alone. God is with each one of us, but more than that God is creating a link so that we too can uplift each other and pray for each other. It is in this amazing connection that we will soar above the enemy and defeat them with each new challenge.

The temple was fixed and rebuild and the people pledged to uphold the law and not to neglect the temple of the Lord. It reminded me that our bodies are a temple and within our bodies dwells the Holy Spirit. In our journey towards a life of change it is important that we do not neglect our bodies as they are temples of the Lord. God loves your physical body and it is very precious to Him. Jesus showed God's love for our bodies when He healed so many people. God states His care and love for our body in Psalm 139 where he says we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" and that our physical bodies are amongst the concern of His thoughts. Finally God has made a future for our bodies when He will resurrect them from the dead. God dwells in our physical bodies and calls them His temple. Our bodies, like temples, are sacred sites where God dwells. Other people should be able to go to us as temples of the living God and meet God there! What an amazing thought!

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!  And when I wake up, you are still with me! (Psalm 139:13-18)

My dear friend, you are much more than you think and so much more loved than you could ever comprehend. When you look into that mirror today and see the you that is reflected back, know that in all of that dwells the Lord and each and every little piece is wonderfully and fearfully made so that you can display His wonder wherever you go. You are beautiful and you should know that, because God made you. He designed you and therefore you are uniquely special and amazingly wonderful. Take good care of your temple and let other be able to meet God there.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving us these amazing and wonderful bodies with so much of you in every little design. Let us honour you with our bodies and make them sacred sites where other will be able to meet you. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...