Tuesday 26 November 2013

Today Reminder - 26 November 2013 (Day 18 - A Life of Change)



A reminder for today
"Who would do such a thing?" King Xerxes demanded. "Who would be so presumptuous as to touch you?"
Esther replied, "This wicked Haman is our adversary and our enemy." Haman grew pale with fright before the king and queen. Then the king jumped to his feet in a rage and went out into the palace garden. (Esther 7:5-7)

You know I always say Monday is filled with challenges so that Tuesday is not so tough. Indeed this Monday surely had his share of challenges and yes it is not the end of that. I guess I am a little addicted to challenges at work. I love the excitement of finding the answer and creating a workable solution, but sometimes that takes time and effort. You see the enemy does not want us to succeed and he will always try and challenge us up to where we get frustrated and angry. Off course this makes finding a solution harder, because impatience and anger are never there to help you think. It just causes more irritation and in the end you will struggle longer. God’s peace certainly plays a role in my work and challenges, because His wisdom provides me with an answer to every problem.

Esther had a huge problem. Haman wanted to destroy all the Jews and mostly Mordecai. In this verse she shared her concern with the king and after realising what is happening, the king was furious and yes, this was the end of Haman. You see to make devious plans to hurt someone will result in your own downfall. Haman’s own self-idolizing made him blind for the unnecessary pain he wanted to inflict on Mordecai and sometimes our own self-idolizing makes us blind to the solution. I do not want to stand before God on judgement day with a pale face. I want to enter His presence on that day knowing that my life placed Him first and that I did not live to worship anything else but Him.

My dear friend, Esther approached her problem trusting God for the outcome. Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: "Go and gather together all the Jews of Susa and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will do the same. And then, though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die." (Esther 4:15-16) Esther trusted God and not her own ability. She knew that God will be with her and that He will alter the bad and use it against Haman. Then Harbona, one of the king's eunuchs, said, "Haman has set up a sharpened pole that stands seventy-five feet tall in his own courtyard. He intended to use it to impale Mordecai, the man who saved the king from assassination." "Then impale Haman on it!" the king ordered. (Esther 7:9)

In the end Haman faced the very death he intended for Mordecai and Mordecai was honoured by the king. My dear friend, God wants you to remember that you are loved and that He gave His life for you. Most certainly He will not allow evil to prevail in your life, but instead He will use evil to lift you up and turn it around so that those who intended you harm will end up with the result of their own plans. Remember that you are made for greatness and that you will do great things through Jesus our saviour. Do not fear the mountains in your path, because God can move mountains.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...