Monday 16 November 2015

Today Reminder – 16 November 2015



A reminder for today
"You have heard the law that says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. (Matthew 5:43-45)

I have many enemies and obviously after my mistakes were so eagerly published to all I have many more. I must admit it bothered me for quite a while, because I am trying to undo all I have done by doing the best I can to be a better husband and father, but yet people continue to judge as if they have no mistakes and as if they are perfect. Today it really caught up with me how selfish people can be.

So these verses are mostly for me. The Lord tells us that we must pray for our enemies. This however is not so easy especially when you are as stubborn as I am. What the Lord is saying is that we should not be bothered by what people think of us and what people say. What they think and say is of no concern to us, we must concern us with what the Lord thinks of us and there I am free from judgement, because the Lord sees my heart and knows what I am doing. People can be blinded by their own guild and fears and instead of accepting and celebrating in someone else’s happiness they will be jealous and mean.

So today the Lord reminds us that we should not listen to people, in fact we should rather pray for them instead of being angry at them. So let us forgive our enemies and add them to our prayers, because our Father loves all equally.

I pray that the Lord will be with all our enemies today and that He will open their eyes so that they will see with clear and open eyes and that they will change their hearts and see us for who we truly are. In Jesus name. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...