Wednesday 18 November 2015

Today Reminder – 18 November 2015



A reminder for today
They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone” (John 8:7)

The idea of throwing stones in the term of judging other popped in my mind yesterday and this story about the woman that was caught in adultery pulled me back into my dark little hole as I thought about all the mistakes I have made and the hurt I have caused. Up until today I have struggled a lot with self-forgiveness and acceptance. I hate it when people think themselves so high and important and perfect and without sin and especially when they have an opinion over other when they are just as stained by sin as anyone else. There will always be people that think they are better than other. I needed to get past this place and the Lord used the words of someone else to remind me of this particular incident. 

You see as I lie here in my darkness hurt and ashamed there are people eager to destroy me just as eager as the enemy wants to see me give up. They stand with stones in their hands ready to break me down. But the Lord steps in and questions their lives and the sin they have been forgiven for. Just as people are eager to judge you, my friend, and quick to look down on you when you make a mistake, just like that the Lord stands by you and questions them.

Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, "Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?" "No, Lord," she said. And Jesus said, "Neither do I. Go and sin no more." 

Jesus looks at us and He reminds us that He is not here to condemn us, but instead to free us from sin. We are forgiven and in these words I feel a burden lifted. The Lord gave His life for us just as I am going to give mine for Him. I will write of His wonder now and forever, because He is my God and in Him I am free.

Lord I pray that you will lift all the burdens from us that we keep in our closets and free us from these burdens that we carry in our hearts so that the enemy can stop condemning us. I pray that you will give us wisdom and courage so that we will flee from sin and live for you. In Jesus name. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...