Monday 23 November 2015

Today Reminder – 23 November 2015



A reminder for today
That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:10)

I love this verse and I must say that it always reminds me of what Jesus said in John 15: Do you remember what I told you? 'A slave is not greater than the master.' Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 

So to follow Jesus is not a task for the giver upper type of average dude. I love this quote: The enemy always fights the hardest when he knows God has something great in store for you. To me this is a daily thought. You see if we follow Jesus and accept Him as our saviour; the enemy will do anything to destroy us because we already have something great in store for us, because we are headed for heaven and the enemy does not want that. He wants us to perish in the fire with him. So the more we resist his attacks the more he will fight to defeat us. So I take great pleasure in all my weaknesses and in the insults and hardships that I have gone through and am still going to go through, because I know God is going to do great things through me and therefore the enemy will do anything to break me. 

So today I want to remind you that yes life is hard and yes it is still going to get harder, but you are a child of God and you have chosen Jesus as your saviour and Lord. So stand up with me from the dust where the enemy is trying to destroy us and let us take pleasure in our weaknesses and the hardships and the persecutions and all the trouble we see each day. For when we are weak, we are strong and the world around us will see this strength and they will see Jesus in us and they will fall to their knees, because in the end every knee will bend to God, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God. (Romans 14) 

Lord guide us through our troubles and hardships and give us strength so that the we can take pleasure in these times so that the world will see you in us and that every knee will bend down to you and that every tongue will confess and give praise to you. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...