Thursday 9 February 2017

Today Reminder – 9 February 2017



A reminder for today
Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. (1 Timothy 6:6)

How are you today, my friend? It is indeed a beautiful day with a clear blue sky here over Pretoria. Africa has its moments. So apparently there is something wrong with me, because I am so tired. So today I will visit the doctor to hear if it is indeed so. I know what is wrong with me. I am stubborn, hardheaded and determined. When I decided something I stick to it. I guess we all have our little problems or issues. So what is your day like? Mine started awesome. I overslept and then you know everything turns into a rush. Quick, quick don’t stop and run, run your are late. I had to check myself when I arrived at work to see if I have all my clothes on. Now that can be an interesting day. Luckily it is not today.

Paul says that true godliness with contentment is great wealth. I love it. We have talked about being content before and we have discussed godliness, but combined they make for a very happy you. You see we idolize and we desire. We want what we can’t afford and we see other that have what we want and then it just goes haywire. Jesus said that you should store up your treasures in heaven and not here on earth. Jesus is God and yet when He was here He had nothing and needed nothing. He desired none and lived each day with contentment. 

How do we do that. We’ll it is simply changing your focus from looking at what you have and need to what you already have. So look past the earthly stuff towards the heavenly stuff. Our focus must be on God and our content must be based on eternity. We have more life in Jesus than we will ever have with all the riches there is on earth. Yes, I know a little money can help, but God knows what you need and He will provide at the right time for His glory. Be patient in your determination and trust His ways for they are the way we must walk.

So today all I ask is that you forget all the needs of your earthly self and focus a little on what you already have in Jesus Christ. Your future is a beautiful and perfect one. Let His promise of life be the joy that fills your heart today. And have a great day for in Jesus we have ultimate freedom even if we are in chains or in prison. In Him we have life even when we are faced with death. In Him we have eternity even when other tries to destroy us. Live and live every moment with Him in your heart on your lips and in your ears, then the darkness of this world will disappear.

Lord, I pray that you will fill is with your Spirit and give is strength for each challenge that awaits us today. Let us see life as you want us to see it and help us to wear your armour and fear none. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...