Monday 7 August 2017

Today Reminder (Endurance) – 07 August 2017


A reminder for today
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. (2 John 1:7-8)

This weekend was terrible awesome. Yes, terrible due to the fact that I was not nearly ready enough for my competition but awesome in the sense that I remembered that we must remain humble and endure. So why did I lose? I prepared and worked very hard. I gave more than my hundred percent. I thought that I was ready, so why then? 

Endurance is the one thing that separates the winners from the rest of the pact. I made a few mistakes and it cost me dearly. My endurance was broken so when it came to crunch time I was behind and I just could not catch up. I was humbled by the high standards of my fellow competitors and once again reminded that we must never slack nor relax in all that we do.

The same applies to our faith. It is in the moments we relax and slack that we are deceived by the enemy and many times these moments will cost us dearly. You see we must keep our eyes steadily focussed on the prize. It is when we take our eyes away from our goals that we change our goals. Many times, we do not even realize it, because the enemy sneaks in and breaks our focus with worldly desires and lusts that pulls us down and breaks our focus.

Our eyes must remain steadily fixed on Jesus and on the prize. I also realised that preparing for a competition like this is not just a few weeks in the year, it is a daily thing that you do every day of your life. That is why champions never rests, they are always working. This is why Paul is such a good example. He was always working towards the kingdom of heaven and it was a daily thing that he did every day and every moment of his life. Even when he was in prison his focus was on Jesus and the prize he will receive so that is why he rejoiced in the good and the bad moments. 

Therefore, let us not stop for a single moment, but instead let us pray more and work harder for the kingdom of heaven and the glory of God. 

Lord, we thank you for keeping us humble and helping us to remember that we are totally dependent on you and that nothing we do comes from our own ability, but instead it is from your love and grace. All the glory is for you, Lord, because all we are is from you. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...