Tuesday 29 August 2017

Today Reminder (Yesterday) – 29 August 2017



A reminder for today
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. (Psalm 1:3)

Yesterday ended as a terrible day. I wrote a program on my own time to help one of our departments and so yesterday they said that it must be taken out of the release. Their original reason was not the truth and so I had to wait and ask for the real reason that sounded more like a lack of information or rather an opinion that was not in line with the reason behind my effort. So, I was very upset about this, because I felt we are doing good and then it was turned into something it was not. You can imagine my disappointment and in this moment of confusion I was angry. Instead of taking this time and listening to the Holy Spirit I followed my own head and it just got worse, because now I took out my frustration on the people closest to me. Instead of being a light in the darkness I caused more darkness. 

I finally found myself in a place where I questioned all and everyone. I questioned my role, my position and my job. In all of this I did not for a moment turned to God for advice. I had to apologize to my wife for my irritation and I had to really take a moment and listen. To add to my confusion, I got an email that really made me feel incompetent. At this stage, I was firmly in the grip of the enemy and he was laughing all the way. 

Finally, I realized that I am on a road to nowhere and I turned to God. The Lord reminded me that I am, once again, trying to do His job. He also reminded me that I am supposed to trust Him and let His will be done and this is His will. It is not about me, but about Him and I had the opportunity to show His glory, but failed miserably. Instead of bringing forth fruit, I brought pain and anger. So unnecessary. Therefore, I will let it all go and try again. I will stand up again and try again to be light and not allow darkness to confuse and consume me. I will bear fruit and I will trust the Lord. He is my rock and my foundation and all I need.

Short-tempered people do foolish things (Proverbs 14:17)

Lord, please come empty me of me and fill me with you. Clear my head and turn my focus back to you. You are my God and I will trust you with all my heart. I am holding on to you and you alone. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...