Wednesday 23 August 2017

Today Reminder (Important) – 23 August 2017



A reminder for today
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. (1 Timothy 4:8)

It is Wednesday and my body thinks it should be Saturday. This week is suddenly way too long. How are things on your side, my friend? I do hope you are getting enough rest and that you are well. This morning my Bible app send me this verse and I read it just before I went to the gym. By now you should know I am a little fanatic. I train twice a day for six days and when I am not in my pre-contest preparation I rest in Sundays otherwise you will find me in the gym doing cardio on a Sunday too.
So, when I got this verse it just stomped me for a moment. It is easy to forget verses and when you see them again they can really make you think. As it is we are struggling financially. I guess like many other, since everything is so expensive nowadays and it keeps getting more expensive, yet our increases remain small and pretty insignificant to inflation. What made me think?

You see, in our material and possession orientated world we tend to make things important that is of no importance to God. We seek and desire stuff that is not important and in most cases, we do not even need it. What is important then? 

You see I wake up every morning to train and yes physical exercise is important, but is it to God? God said that your body is His temple and in this He meant that you must keep it holy and not allow sin to control your body. By this He wants us to remain pure and clean. Do not abuse substances and stay away from drugs and sexual immortality. If you keep your body healthy and fit it is a huge plus. But still, what is important to God?

To God godliness is the most important thing. Let’s look at the word godliness. Godliness means the quality of being devoutly religious; piety. Synonyms include devotion, righteousness and goodness. To God it is most important that we are devout to Him and that we remain faithful to Him and His word. It is important that we accept Jesus as our savour and live our lives in goodness and righteousness, because it is profitable. This means that it not only gives us all we need it fulfils all our needs and desires and finally it gives the promise of life. That is life, now and forever. 

So, above all things it is imperative that we focus our energy and effort on the prize of life. Life with Jesus in eternity. So, come with me today as we change our needs and desires to God and God alone. Let Him be the one thing you desire most and let His way be the way you live your life. Focus on goodness and righteousness as you live a life full of godliness. If this is in place all else will follow, but make this your priority.

Lord, thank you for reminding me that you are the most important thing in my life and that you must be first in all that I do. We thank you for all the privileges and blessings we receive from your grace. Be with us today and help us so that we will remain focussed on you. In Jesus name.  

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...